Welcome to our Class 3 page!
This term, we have been learning about forces and magnets in Science. As part of this, we have created our very own magnetic fishing game!
We began by making our own magnetic fish which involved drawing, cutting and sewing together lots of colourful fish (with a secret paper clip inside). Then, we constructed our own fishing rods by measuring and then carefully cutting doweling with hack saws. With a glue gun, we attached a small magnet to a piece of string and then glued that to the rod to complete it. To check that our fishing rods worked, we went fishing with them and caught a load of fish as you can see!
(1) Spellings - These will be tested every Wednesday afternoon and the new spellings will be handed out to be learnt and then tested the following week.
(2) Homework – Homework will be set on a Friday and needs to be completed to then be handed in on the following Thursday.
(3) Reading Records – Please ensure that you have your reading record with you in school each day and try to read at home with an adult little and often.
(4) Times Tables – ‘Flip-Its’ are available to borrow and take home to practise your times tables with. Please also have a look at our times tables websites under the web link section of our class page.
(5) PE – Outdoor PE will be on a Monday afternoon with Mr Perry and Indoor PE will be on a Wednesday afternoon with Mrs Brett
|Class Three's Curriculum Plan Term 1 2017/18|
This term we have been enjoying a picture book called Tuesday by David Wiesner. We have adopted a whole school approach to our English lessons which have seen us embark on an exciting journey using Talk for Writing. We have been using our best descriptive language and literary features to describe a setting to develop our English skills. A highlight has been when we memorized a setting description using symbols and actions without the children even reading the word!
We have finished subtraction and are now moving on to multiplication and division. The children will explore multiplication and division as a refresher before moving towards the more formal written methods for multiplication and division. Times tables remain a focus and games such as All around the world, a times tables Buzz game and TT Rockstars are still used regularly.
The children have begun to explore Rocks, Soils and Fossils and have recently been rock detectives. They had to closely study six types of rock using a magnifying glass, draw and then describe them before matching their properties to their names. We will continue to looks at different types of rocks, how fossils are made and different types of soil.
We continue to study the Victorians and have recently had some hands on experience when we had a go at traditional lace making. We have another visitor coming to talk to us about lead mining and Victorian clothing while we continue to use QR codes and Ipads to complete our own research. The research is being used to create a power point presentation as an end piece to the topic.
Class 3 Updates
- Plant Growing Competition
- Class 3 Curriculum Information
- Art in Class 3 on Federation Day
- Outdoor Maths!!!
- Welcome back to the Year 3's.
- Welcome back to our new family group!
- Bronze Age House Creations
- Shoe Workshop - March
- Shoe Museum Visit - February
- Shared Write
- Brilliant Bodies - January
- Drama Club Performance
- Zumba Assembly Class 3
- Class 3 - Digital Federation Day - November
- Roman Pottery - October
- Roman Formation - October
- Class 3's First Week Back
- Class 3's visit to Yardley Arts
- Class 3 Cafe
- Story Writing
- Dodgeball Tournament
- Sikh Workshop
- Class 3's visit to Yardley Arts.
- Exploring Anglo-Saxons
- Our trip to Piddington!
- Easter Egg Hunt!
- 5,4,3,2,1 Blast Off!
- Ashby Cluster Hockey Tournament 2018
- Our Lace Making and Spinning Sessions
- Holdenby House Visit!
- Planet Earth: Oxford Edition!
- Game, set and match!
- Catch of the day!
- Class 3 Curriculum Overview & Weekly Tasks
Class 3 Weblinks