Children from Key Stage 2 went to The Pemberton Centre in Rushden to compete in a Curling competition against other local schools. The children played against children from Oakway , Irthlingborough, Stanwick and Cogenhoe. The aim of the game was for the child to get their stone onto the target on the floor. The children did this by sliding their stone from a standing or sitting position whilst making sure they stayed behind the line. The group with the most stones on the target won and received the winning points. The children had a great afternoon competing in a sport that they had not played before.
Wow! Today, we participated in our yearly cross-country event, with schools from Wellingborough and Northampton. This was a mass event, with over 20 schools and in total, around 1000 children participating throughout the morning. For Yardley, we took 34 children from KS2, who had been brilliantly trained up by our Sports Leaders. This training was very evident, as we doubled last year’s qualifiers for the County Championships in January. All of the children showed a brilliant attitude to do their best and as a school, we could not have been prouder of them. Well done to all, and we hope they have been inspired to continue running!
Our Sports Weblinks
Sports News Updates
- KS2 Curling
- November 20th - Cross Country
- November 14th - Football League
- November 13th - Sports Hall Athletics
- Tuesday 22nd October – Football Tournament
- Wednesday 16th October - Year 3/4 Football
- Wednesday 9th October – Year 3 and 4 football tournament.
- Football league and Gold Award
- Tennis Tournament
- Tri Golf
- Mini Tennis Tournament 1st May
- Year 5 and 6 Hockey - Wednesday 6th March 2019
- Spring PE Competitions 2019
- Class 4 Cluster Athletics
- Football Tournaments
- Ashby Cup retained by Yardley Hotshots Team of 4!
- HotShots Basketball Tournament Winners!
- Welcome to our Sports Crew!